Saturday, September 06, 2008
Where's Waldo?
I ran in the Nike Human Race 10K Aug. 30.
Based on my finish time, I should be in at least one of these pictures:
http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=40060&BIB=278038
Note that my actual chip time was 1:10:45, since it took a few minutes to cross the starting line. Still, it's my worst 10K of the three I've run, but I think this time it was due to 1) the hills on the course, 2) the heat, 3) the difficulty in getting water, and 4) my lack of adequate training, in that order. The Uptown Classic in October should be much better as these first two factors shouldn't be as bad, and I'll hopefully have trained up more for it.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do about running shoes for that yet though. My current running shoes are getting old (I've been running in them since spring), but I haven't been able to find a better pair. This pair has by far been the best pair I've ever had, in that they're lighter weight, breath easier, and fit better than any other shoes I've worn. Unfortunately, Adidas decided to redesign them and the current version of the same model no longer feels like it has any of those three advantages. My feet don't even fit into the "same" size.
Based on my finish time, I should be in at least one of these pictures:
http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=40060&BIB=278038
Note that my actual chip time was 1:10:45, since it took a few minutes to cross the starting line. Still, it's my worst 10K of the three I've run, but I think this time it was due to 1) the hills on the course, 2) the heat, 3) the difficulty in getting water, and 4) my lack of adequate training, in that order. The Uptown Classic in October should be much better as these first two factors shouldn't be as bad, and I'll hopefully have trained up more for it.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do about running shoes for that yet though. My current running shoes are getting old (I've been running in them since spring), but I haven't been able to find a better pair. This pair has by far been the best pair I've ever had, in that they're lighter weight, breath easier, and fit better than any other shoes I've worn. Unfortunately, Adidas decided to redesign them and the current version of the same model no longer feels like it has any of those three advantages. My feet don't even fit into the "same" size.
Comments:
Post a Comment