Sunday, October 22, 2006
Birthday (Post)card, etc.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my favorite Swedish world-traveler for sending me a birthday postcard. The fanboy in me envies you (you did actually go to Uluru, right?). I apologize for missing your birthday.
Quick summary of my life since my last post:
- I finally bought the Honda Fit in May. It's great to be able to get around Austin now. I still walk to work though :)
- I'm in a new position at work, and will be in this position at least through the beginning of next year. I basically am one of two people in charge of creating the test patterns that get run at manufacturing to make sure a chip we're making doesn't have any physical defects that prevent correct operation.
- With Sony's finances looking tighter and tighter, it's starting to look less likely that they'll give me (and others at work) a free PS3 for working on the processor. I'm still looking forward to it's launch in a couple weeks though.
- I'm hoping to be able to do some hobby programming on the PS3, once/if I get one. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to use it to play all the games I bought in Japan as well as games sold here. It's annoying to only be able to play Japanese games on my PS2.
- I survived another summer in Texas, and am loving the weather we've had during the last week or so. This is what Fall should be like. Too bad we don't get the Fall colors here :(
- I've started playing disc golf, I've started indoor rock climbing, and I've got a bunch of other activities that I wish I were also able to do (start learning how to play the piano again, relearn all the Japanese I've been forgetting since coming back, read more of my manga, read more books, finish some of my Japanese RPGs, etc.). I keep planning to start getting somewhat regular exercise, but so far trying to get enough sleep has prevailed.
PS. I've composed a number of posts in my head, but haven't ever had the time and energy to type them up before I forget about them again. There needs to be a way to directly transfer what I want to post directly to my blog, without me having to go through all the trouble of remembering it until I have access to my computer, and then sitting down, writing it up, and posting it.
Quick summary of my life since my last post:
- I finally bought the Honda Fit in May. It's great to be able to get around Austin now. I still walk to work though :)
- I'm in a new position at work, and will be in this position at least through the beginning of next year. I basically am one of two people in charge of creating the test patterns that get run at manufacturing to make sure a chip we're making doesn't have any physical defects that prevent correct operation.
- With Sony's finances looking tighter and tighter, it's starting to look less likely that they'll give me (and others at work) a free PS3 for working on the processor. I'm still looking forward to it's launch in a couple weeks though.
- I'm hoping to be able to do some hobby programming on the PS3, once/if I get one. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to use it to play all the games I bought in Japan as well as games sold here. It's annoying to only be able to play Japanese games on my PS2.
- I survived another summer in Texas, and am loving the weather we've had during the last week or so. This is what Fall should be like. Too bad we don't get the Fall colors here :(
- I've started playing disc golf, I've started indoor rock climbing, and I've got a bunch of other activities that I wish I were also able to do (start learning how to play the piano again, relearn all the Japanese I've been forgetting since coming back, read more of my manga, read more books, finish some of my Japanese RPGs, etc.). I keep planning to start getting somewhat regular exercise, but so far trying to get enough sleep has prevailed.
PS. I've composed a number of posts in my head, but haven't ever had the time and energy to type them up before I forget about them again. There needs to be a way to directly transfer what I want to post directly to my blog, without me having to go through all the trouble of remembering it until I have access to my computer, and then sitting down, writing it up, and posting it.
Comments:
Post a Comment