Saturday, March 18, 2006
Vanilla
Last week I was thinking about baking cookies again (I'd done this once before and they tasted like they were from a store :( ) so I was looking around online for tips on making good (chocolate chip) cookies. In my search I ran across a very extensive page on Vanilla. Ever since then I've been curious about what things vanilla would be good in. So today when I was making an omelet for breakfast, I put a bit of vanilla in. Unfortunately I think I dumped too much in, since the smell of vanilla was quite prevalent as I was cooking, but in the end it turned out tasting OK. I'm not sure if I like my omelets sans vanilla or not. The main difference seemed to be that it tasted more like a pancake than an egg, which I wasn't expecting.
I want to like cooking, but it just takes so much time. Somehow it seems like the amount of time I have to invest in cooking something isn't worth the outcome. Presumably as I get better at cooking the outcome will taste better and the time may go down as I get more efficient, but still.
Someone should create a CookCookRevolution game :)
In other news, I think I'm going to reactivate my Word of Warcraft account for a month and see how it goes. I've got a Night Elf on Uther, and may be playing a bit on the Horde side of Thunderhorn. Jason and Joey also have Alliance characters on Uther, so everyone else from the Kaikan should come play with us :)
I want to like cooking, but it just takes so much time. Somehow it seems like the amount of time I have to invest in cooking something isn't worth the outcome. Presumably as I get better at cooking the outcome will taste better and the time may go down as I get more efficient, but still.
Someone should create a CookCookRevolution game :)
In other news, I think I'm going to reactivate my Word of Warcraft account for a month and see how it goes. I've got a Night Elf on Uther, and may be playing a bit on the Horde side of Thunderhorn. Jason and Joey also have Alliance characters on Uther, so everyone else from the Kaikan should come play with us :)
Comments:
Post a Comment