Saturday, September 17, 2005
New Pictures
I've added some pictures of dead ants in my bathtub, and of some of the tastier things I've cooked. The only relationship between these two is that the cooking tends to attract ants. I have done my best to keep ants out of my cooking, and believe I've succeeded so far.
Sorry, no titles or comments on the pictures. Click the thumbnails to get bigger images.
Warning: These images will probably disappear the next time I add new pictures, since I've got a 5MB limit on hosting space.
Sorry, no titles or comments on the pictures. Click the thumbnails to get bigger images.
Warning: These images will probably disappear the next time I add new pictures, since I've got a 5MB limit on hosting space.
Comments:
Yow, that's a lot of ants!
My mum and I were trying to identify your dishes. Our guesses (L-R, top to bottom):
1. bacon, baked beans, scrambled egg
2. and 3. maize, rice, pasta sauce with minced meat
4. and 5. rice, egg, fish slices, button mushrooms, green pepper
6. rice, peas
7. and 8. rice, noodles, beef slices, egg, peas
My mum and I were trying to identify your dishes. Our guesses (L-R, top to bottom):
1. bacon, baked beans, scrambled egg
2. and 3. maize, rice, pasta sauce with minced meat
4. and 5. rice, egg, fish slices, button mushrooms, green pepper
6. rice, peas
7. and 8. rice, noodles, beef slices, egg, peas
Not too far off. Here's what they are:
1. Bacon, hash browns (potato bits), and eggs. The hash browns were fried in all of the grease left in the pan from the bacon.
2-3. Pizza Rice. It consists of spaghetti sauce with meat on the bottom, cottage cheese on top of that, a layer of rice on top of that, and is covered with melted cheese.
4-5. This was supposed to be an omelet, but it had way too little egg/too much other stuff. It contains egg, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions.
6. Tuna rice, minus the tuna. It's rice boiled in chicken broth, fried up with onions and topped with peas and cheese. You're supposed to add tuna, but I didn't because I don't like fish. It's hard to see the cheese in this picture though.
7-8. Vietnam Fried Rice (yakisoba edition). Vietnam fried rice is rice fried with beef strips, onions, egg, peas, soy sauce, and a bit of sugar. I didn't have enough rice, so I fried up some yakisoba noodles (without the yakisoba sauce) and added them to the mix. I think I like the yakisoba version better than the original.
Post a Comment
1. Bacon, hash browns (potato bits), and eggs. The hash browns were fried in all of the grease left in the pan from the bacon.
2-3. Pizza Rice. It consists of spaghetti sauce with meat on the bottom, cottage cheese on top of that, a layer of rice on top of that, and is covered with melted cheese.
4-5. This was supposed to be an omelet, but it had way too little egg/too much other stuff. It contains egg, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions.
6. Tuna rice, minus the tuna. It's rice boiled in chicken broth, fried up with onions and topped with peas and cheese. You're supposed to add tuna, but I didn't because I don't like fish. It's hard to see the cheese in this picture though.
7-8. Vietnam Fried Rice (yakisoba edition). Vietnam fried rice is rice fried with beef strips, onions, egg, peas, soy sauce, and a bit of sugar. I didn't have enough rice, so I fried up some yakisoba noodles (without the yakisoba sauce) and added them to the mix. I think I like the yakisoba version better than the original.
