<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Facts about Ants 

- Ants don't seem to understand that they're unwelcome guests in my apartment.
- Ants like bacon. So much, in fact, that if I cook it on my stove I'll have ants crawling around my kitchen for weeks afterwards.
- Ants will come in huge numbers out of a hole in the wall in my front closet if I leave my trash bag with bacon grease in it by my front door.
- Ants see a new vacation spot to visit with thousands of their friends. I see my bag of dirty laundry.
- It takes about 30 seconds to throw said bag of dirty laundry filled with ants into the bathtub and turn on the water.
- Ants that have been breathing air float. Ant that have been breathing water sink.
- Ants can't swim very well, but can walk underwater for a while.
- Ants dig their feet into clothes when they drown, so that you can't brush them off or rinse them off.
- It takes more than 3 hours to pick dead ants off of a bag of dirty laundry.
- Ants like the inside of my DDR shorts the most.
- 12 hours isn't enough time to drown all the ants in my towels or shorts.
- Either ants like lighter clothing to darker clothing or it's just too darn hard to see all the dead ants on dark clothing
- It takes a few hours to fish all the dead ants out of a bathtub.
- The holes in a fly swatter are too big for it to be used to fish dead ants out of a bathtub.
- If you swirl the water around, you'll get something that resembles a snow-globe in your bathtub. When the water stops, the ants will usually be clumped together enough that a fly swatter is somewhat effective.
- It takes about 0.5 seconds for ants to die when sprayed with my ant killing spray.
- Ants that walk into area that I've sprayed limp around in circles for a while, before finally curling up and dying.
- Ants have the ability to walk through sprayed areas without being affected after a few days, despite the fact that the spray is supposed to last months.
- I have a very strong dislike for ants which started when they invaded my room in the Kaikan, and has been strengthened since moving in here.

Comments:
You need some of that nasty white powdery stuff that ants take home thinking it's food and end up killing the whole nest. Whouldn't know what the brand name could be in the US. Here it's called Myrr.
 
I'll have to look into getting some more. I got some of the bait traps and used those when I first moved in, but since I kept getting ants I thought they weren't working and switched to the spray. Now that the spray doesn't seem to keep them way maybe I should try another brand of bait trap, as you suggested.
 
Just read this. About ants: http://thaibugs.com/Articles/bangkokpost_150101_Outlook01.htm

Yes, the white powder thing works very well. Recommended by my mum too.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?