Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Kodocha!
I just realized that Funimation released the first Kodocha DVD yesterday! My mission for this weekend will be to find a place to rent it from and watch it. I've watched the entire TV series already (105 eps), but some of it wasn't subtitled. I've also read all 10 volumes of the manga, plus the spin-off manga. I own the manga and the OSTs, so the collector in me wants to own the DVDs as well (but at $30/DVD that would be expensive). I'm a bit curious to see how they did with the translation, since Sana (the main character) talks a mile a minute, makes lots cultural references, and uses quite a few puns. Anyway, this is one of my favorite anime series, so finally having it available on DVD makes me happy.
For those of you who are interested, the TV series follows the manga quite well (although it adds a lot that wasn't in the manga) up until the point where they are searching for the student who went missing. The resolution of this story arc doesn't follow the manga, and IIRC the stories are fairly different after this point. My guess is that this is the point where the anime production caught up with the manga production, and that the anime producers decided to go ahead and continue the story themselves rather than wait for the manga to be written.
PS. I've only seen the first episode of the OAV, and haven't been able to find the rest. If any of you has it, please let me know, as I'd like to see it. I've heard that it is different from the TV series, and my guess is that it follows the manga very closely.
For those of you who are interested, the TV series follows the manga quite well (although it adds a lot that wasn't in the manga) up until the point where they are searching for the student who went missing. The resolution of this story arc doesn't follow the manga, and IIRC the stories are fairly different after this point. My guess is that this is the point where the anime production caught up with the manga production, and that the anime producers decided to go ahead and continue the story themselves rather than wait for the manga to be written.
PS. I've only seen the first episode of the OAV, and haven't been able to find the rest. If any of you has it, please let me know, as I'd like to see it. I've heard that it is different from the TV series, and my guess is that it follows the manga very closely.
Comments:
Post a Comment