<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 06, 2005

Pretendo Movies! 

I've uploaded the movies I took with my camera to my school webspace. Hopefully you can access them without too much trouble.

Space Invaders. This is the second game Kynan wrote. It uses a bunch of background tiles to create the Invaders, and uses sprites for the bullet and the Defender.

The splash screen for PretendoWorks. This screen is the splash screen I created for PretendoWorks (which is the software I wrote for the board). Once it's done playing you can type whatever you want, as seen in the next one.

Typing in PretendoWorks. This isn't a very good demonstration of it's capabilities, but you can see that someone can type in random characters and they show up on screen. I wrote PW primarily because a friend of mine had asked if we could do word processing on the Pretendo, and at that time I said we couldn't because we didn't have any text display capabilities. I later realized that we could make a background tile for every character, and then display background tiles as text, so I wrote this to prove myself wrong :)

The easter egg in PretendoWorks. I put an easter egg into PretendoWorks. When you enter the correct key combination, it will show this special screen, and then run whatever was loaded on the board before PW was loaded. In this case Pong was loaded before PW, so entering the secret code starts Pong.

A short pong movie. This is a short pong movie. The next one is better.

A better pong movie. This shows two people playing pong. Pong was the first game Kynan wrote. I don't know if you can tell in the movie, but the tennis ball is animated so you can see it spinning as it moves. Kynan says that internally pong keeps score, but I don't think pong had any way of reporting that score.

If these links don't work, please let me know and I'll see what I can do about fixing them.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?