Friday, March 11, 2005
World of Waiting
Well, I tried to log in to World of Warcraft for a few minutes this morning so that I could take stuff out of my mailbox before it disappeared. And surprise, surprise, the server was down. I checked the server status forum, and it looks like the server has been going up and down quite a bit this week. They said they're going to finally replace it instead of trying to fix it yet again, and that due to the replacement it would be down for probably 24 hours or more. As compensation, they will give everyone with a character on the affected servers (it's always the same ones) a 5 day extension on their accounts and give their characters full rest (being rested makes you gain experience at double the normal rate until you're no longer rested). At this point I'm wondering about canceling my account though.
See, I've only really had time to play on the weekends. And except for last weekend (when I didn't have time to play), the server has been down most weekends. This means I've been paying $15/month to watch the server status page reload and tell me that my server is still down. As compensation, they say I'll get a 5 day extension on my account and full rest for my character. But I only play every weekend, that means my character is almost always rested due to not having played during the week. And if I can only play every weekend, that means the server being down on the weekend effectively takes 7 days off of my account. A 5 day extension does nothing.
The game is fun to play, but I don't really feel like paying $15/month to not play. I can not play for free.
That said, once it looks like they've got things figured I may try it again.
See, I've only really had time to play on the weekends. And except for last weekend (when I didn't have time to play), the server has been down most weekends. This means I've been paying $15/month to watch the server status page reload and tell me that my server is still down. As compensation, they say I'll get a 5 day extension on my account and full rest for my character. But I only play every weekend, that means my character is almost always rested due to not having played during the week. And if I can only play every weekend, that means the server being down on the weekend effectively takes 7 days off of my account. A 5 day extension does nothing.
The game is fun to play, but I don't really feel like paying $15/month to not play. I can not play for free.
That said, once it looks like they've got things figured I may try it again.
Comments:
Post a Comment