Friday, March 11, 2005
Intel Disorganization
Intel is one of the most disorganized companies I've ever had to deal with. There was a bunch of disorganizational frustration leading up to my onsite interview with them, but I'm not going to go into that part of it here. I'm just going to cover a small episode that has been ongoing.
See, as part of the onsite visit, I was told I would receive some money (per diem) to cover the cost of meals and stuff like that. They also said they would refund the cab fare, since I took a cab instead of having them get me a rental car. I was told that I would receive the money and my refund 6-8 weeks after my interview (why does it take that long? NI gave me the money at the interview). That was in mid-November. In January I sent them a letter, asking for my reimbursement and per diem money. In mid-February I got a check in the mail for the combined amount, and I was satisfied. Last week they sent out an email saying that due to a system error no one who interviewed in November or December has received their per diem money yet, but that it would be sent out soon. Since I had received it already, I sent them an email explaining that I had already received my money. Yesterday I got mail from Intel. It contained 2 things: a check for my per diem, and a letter.
Here are excerpts from the letter:
"To the Suppliers of Intel Corporation:
As part of our annual reminder, we would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your support. We recognize thatwe cannot meet our corporate objectives without the efforts of many companies and their employees doing their jobs well every day. Refer to our expectations, "Intel's Corporate Principles, Ethics and Compliance, Supplier Expectations" section at URL:
http://www.intel.com/intel/finance/cbp.htm . We look forward to a continuing relationship in the coming year."
The letter goes on to outline what sort of corporate policies Intel has for its suppliers, and finishes off with this:
"Again, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your efforts in this past year and extend our best wishes for a safe and happy time to you and all your employees.
Sincerely,
[Names]
Directors of Corporate Purchasing"
Obviously they have no idea of what's happening and are just running on autopilot.
See, as part of the onsite visit, I was told I would receive some money (per diem) to cover the cost of meals and stuff like that. They also said they would refund the cab fare, since I took a cab instead of having them get me a rental car. I was told that I would receive the money and my refund 6-8 weeks after my interview (why does it take that long? NI gave me the money at the interview). That was in mid-November. In January I sent them a letter, asking for my reimbursement and per diem money. In mid-February I got a check in the mail for the combined amount, and I was satisfied. Last week they sent out an email saying that due to a system error no one who interviewed in November or December has received their per diem money yet, but that it would be sent out soon. Since I had received it already, I sent them an email explaining that I had already received my money. Yesterday I got mail from Intel. It contained 2 things: a check for my per diem, and a letter.
Here are excerpts from the letter:
"To the Suppliers of Intel Corporation:
As part of our annual reminder, we would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your support. We recognize that
The letter goes on to outline what sort of corporate policies Intel has for its suppliers, and finishes off with this:
"Again, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your efforts in this past year and extend our best wishes for a safe and happy time to you and all your employees.
Sincerely,
[Names]
Directors of Corporate Purchasing"
Obviously they have no idea of what's happening and are just running on autopilot.
Comments:
Post a Comment