<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Tempura, Grades, and Classes 

Well, last night I made tempura. A while back my host family in Japan sent my family a box of gifts, and one of them was tempura batter. Last week I got instructions from Jason about how to make tempura, and finally got the chance to make it yesterday. We ended up making carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, mushrooms, and chicken. All in all it turned out fairly well. It was certainly good, but not as good as the stuff I had in Japan. Ah well. By the time we finished my hand was rather cramped up from having used chopsticks for the 90 min. it took to do all the stuff. It looked like we made way too much, but I think we only have a little bit left over now.

Oh, and I checked my grades today. It turns out my fears were unfounded :)

Next semester I have 10 credits worth of classes (3 classes) that I need to take in order to graduate, but to be a full time student I need to have at least 12 credits. I've tentatively signed up for a compilers course that I've been wanting to take for a long time now but have never had the chance to. The problem is that I've heard it's a lot of work, and I know all of my other classes are also going to be lots of work, so I don't know if I should really take it. Also, it would mean I would have class on Friday. This is my first opportunity to not have class on Friday here at the UW, and it's tempting to go for it. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything else I'd like to take that they're offering next semester and which isn't already full. There's a kendo class that's 2 credits and would fit my schedule, but like the rest of the phys. ed. classes it's already full. Too bad I didn't think about this a few months ago when registration was seniors only.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?