Friday, November 12, 2004
More interviews
Last week I flew down to Austin, TX and interviewed for a hardware design job at a company called National Instruments. I enjoyed my time there, and it seemed like it would be the kind of place I would like working for. Hopefully they'll give me a job offer. There's a lot more I wanted to say about this trip, but right now I'm too tired.
I had two midterms in the last week as well, and I think they both went well. The one for my AI class was already graded and returned, and I tied for the highest grade of the 108 people who took it! This surprised me, because I didn't study as much as I should have or wanted to. The other exam also seemed to go well, despite me not studying enough. I'm starting to think that my short term memory may be as good as other people seem to think it is :)
On Saturday morning I will be taking the GRE Computer Science subject test. I haven't prepared for it, and I've heard that it covers quite a lot of material, so I don't think I'll be able to do all that well (no short term memory to rely on to save me this time). I registered for it when I thought I might apply to grad. school, but since I haven't done anything else about applying to grad. school I don't think I'll be going to grad. school.
Next week I'll have an on-campus interview with HP, and then later I'll fly out to Oregon for an interview with Intel. I think that if I get several offers from all the different companies I'm interviewing with I may be hard-pressed to make a decision.
Oh, and although I said (IIRC) that I wouldn't have any more quotes from the Logic class I dropped, I just got an email from the guy teaching it. He said:
"I hereby declare this Friday evening the first of a long tradition of Madison logic beers!"
The rest of it goes on to suggest a time and place, and to encourage us not to make him drink alone. It would have been nice to have been able to stay in the class (we actually just covered some of the same material in my AI class), but there's no way I could have survived the extra workload it would have put me under.
I had two midterms in the last week as well, and I think they both went well. The one for my AI class was already graded and returned, and I tied for the highest grade of the 108 people who took it! This surprised me, because I didn't study as much as I should have or wanted to. The other exam also seemed to go well, despite me not studying enough. I'm starting to think that my short term memory may be as good as other people seem to think it is :)
On Saturday morning I will be taking the GRE Computer Science subject test. I haven't prepared for it, and I've heard that it covers quite a lot of material, so I don't think I'll be able to do all that well (no short term memory to rely on to save me this time). I registered for it when I thought I might apply to grad. school, but since I haven't done anything else about applying to grad. school I don't think I'll be going to grad. school.
Next week I'll have an on-campus interview with HP, and then later I'll fly out to Oregon for an interview with Intel. I think that if I get several offers from all the different companies I'm interviewing with I may be hard-pressed to make a decision.
Oh, and although I said (IIRC) that I wouldn't have any more quotes from the Logic class I dropped, I just got an email from the guy teaching it. He said:
"I hereby declare this Friday evening the first of a long tradition of Madison logic beers!"
The rest of it goes on to suggest a time and place, and to encourage us not to make him drink alone. It would have been nice to have been able to stay in the class (we actually just covered some of the same material in my AI class), but there's no way I could have survived the extra workload it would have put me under.
Comments:
Doh. I didn't think about the fact that you are going to school in Austin, and thus would have been around. I think of you as being from Huston (that's where your family lives, right?), and thus didn't even think to contact you. Perhaps they'll offer me a job and then I'll be sure to contact you :)
Please forgive my lapse of memory; I've been really busy and stressed out with school and interviews.
Post a Comment
Please forgive my lapse of memory; I've been really busy and stressed out with school and interviews.

