<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 24, 2004

Amusing Teacher Quotes 

In my logic class this week some phrases that my teacher said struck me as amusing, so I decided that I'd share them instead of actually bothering to post something about me.

"If we can prove things that aren't true, that would be very ... bothersome." - Itay Ben-Yaacov

After the proof:

"So I proved I cannot do any stupid stuff." - Itay Ben-Yaacov

I can't really explain it, but his inflections on things when he talks are also quite amusing.

On a completely unrelated note, I'd previously decided that I probably didn't want to go to grad. school because it would be, well, めんどくさい to try to get all the recommendations and take all the tests and whatnot. Well, I've been looking around for jobs, and getting a job is starting to look like a rather めんどくさい task itself. Hopefully people will just offer me jobs, like the last 2 places I've worked :)

Comments:
Hehe. Those quotes sound like what one of my lecturers said recently after a proof: "See, it says zero is not equal to zero, but since zero *is* equal to zero, that can't be true." say that slowly with a heavy finnish accent and a significant pause at the commas.
I like logic, I wish I had a logic class.
 
I like logic too. Too bad I wasn't able to take the graduate version of this course. I went to both for about 2 weeks, but then dropped the graduate one. It was much more interesting, but I only understood about 75% of the lecture, and when we got the first homework assignment I didn't understand a single one of the questions.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?