<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Motivation (or the lack of it, as the case may be) 

So far, I've been really lacking in motivation to do anything since coming back from vacation. I've done almost nothing in lab, and classes haven't gotten busy enough for me to be doing anything in them yet. The result: I have lots of free time, and I waste every minute of it, leaving me with no motivation to do anything. That's a problem, since there are still some things I should be (and have been) doing, like the research project in my lab. I was informed today that I have to present my progress next Tuesday, and so far all I've done is add one feature (well, 2 now). Hopefully my schedule will get busy enough to give me some motivation back, and for me to get back some of the discipline that I used to have back in my early college years (and public school before that). Ah well. Anyway, all this goes to say that, while I've had ample time in the past few weeks to work on journal entries, I haven't even kept up on my abbreviated list of what I've been doing. That list had been updated daily until I got back from my travels, and is now 22 days out of date.

To try to fix this, I'm making some "new semester" resolutions that I'll do my best to keep:
1. Update my journal notes every day
2. Post at least 1 entry a week here (although I really should do more)
3. Play DDR for 10-30 min. every morning except maybe Thur. and the weekends (This is to replace my habit of playing for several hours, and then having sore muscles for a week)
4. Study my Kanji at least twice a week, so that I'm not just putting it into my short term memory a few hours before the quiz)

Hopefully I'll have more success with this than most people do with their New Year's resolutions.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?