<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Flat Sheets? 

10/24/03

This evening I went to the Bible Reading Club. I managed to find it using the instructions that Rosanne emailed to me. When I got there only Hirooka (the leader of the club) was there. We talked for about half an hour while waiting for other people to show up, but no one else came. He said that there are usually about four people there each week, but that this week some people couldn't come. The passage we studied was the one in Luke 11 about Mary and Martha. I had some trouble with the Japanese, but all in all it was a good study.

After dinner (I made the last of the yaki soba I'd bought the first week at Daiei) Joey, Norm, another guy and I took the bus downtown. We went to Yodabashi Camera and Joey looked at PDAs. We then perused the rest of the store. They had quite a selection of anime, and the biggest collection of anime-based video games I've ever seen. They even had board games and Legos.

After Yodabashi we went to Daiei. Norm needed to get a spatula, and I needed to get a flat sheet since there wasn't one with the bedding that I got this week. They had tons of futon covers, but very few sheets. The had about 5 different colors of sheets, but they didn't have just a plain, white sheet. I can't believe that they didn't have any plain, simple, white flat sheets. I ended up getting the fuzzy white one, since it cost less than the colorful ones (this one cost 980¥). We then stopped briefly at Book Off before taking the bus back.

Once I got back I turned on the TV to see what was on, and discovered that "The Bicentennial Man" was playing. One of the channels here plays lots of movies, and must of the stuff they show is bilingual. I can set the audio to Japanese, the original language of what ever's playing, or both (one language through each speaker). Since I've already seen this movie in English, I watched it in Japanese. I understood a fair amount, but that's probably mostly due to knowing the story in English and having watched the movie in English a few years ago.

After the movie I was flipping through the channels, and caught part of a drama about 3 single guys. They all work at the same office, and I noticed that ALL of the computers in the drama were Macs. They had the flat screen iMacs and the white iBooks, and one guy had a G4 Quicksilver tower and one of the big Cinema displays. Also, today one of the guys in the lab asked if I was planning to go buy Panther (MacOS X 10.3). I told him I'd already ordered it, and he said that he was planning to go buy it tomorrow and had wondered if I'd wanted to go with him. Another guy in the lab, Paul, installed Panther on the iMac in our lab. The iMac was fairly old, so it ran rather slowly, but still better than I expected it to. Hopefully I'll be able to get my copy soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?